We're focusing on plastic waste this month as part of the Plastic Free July campaign.It is reported that by 2050 there will be more plastic than fish in the world's oceans. Consider the impact to our local water systems, forests, bushland and parkways.
We've collated some simple tips to getting through the month, and inspiring change for the future:
- Say no to plastic straws. Instead, invest in reusable steel alternatives. A simple choice to make a big difference.
- BYO containers when eating out. Instead of packaging leftovers in single-use containers, request to have your own filled. When ordering takeaway, ask if you can bring in your own containers too.
- Try your hand at a fun DIY with friends. Try making recipes for homemade deodorant, toothpaste, scrub and food wraps. See our DIY Bees Wax Wraps here.
- Carry your own reusable coffee mug, always! Find a cute ceramic alternative to takeaway cups or bring your own mug!
- Say no to plastic bags. Utilise recycled sari bags and cute totes in place of supermarket plastic.
- Try shopping in bulk! Save up used jars and stock up!
What are your favourite tips for going plastic free? Get in touch via Instagram.